&Beyond Benguerra Island
Benguerra Island, Indian Ocean, Mozambique
Amenities & Facilities
Book now to be among the first to enjoy the brand new Benguerra Island experience when the lodge reopens on 1 June 2015 after an extensive rebuild and refurbishment. The lodges elegant new interior design, which reflects both the islands African and Portuguese heritage, will add to its exceptional location alongside a permanent deep water channel.
Situated on the second largest island in the sunny Bazaruto Archipelago off the coast of Mozambique, the lodge is set in a protected marine conservation area and offers pristine beaches and unspoiled coral reefs teeming with marine life. Looking out onto a sandy beach and set on a deep lagoon unaffected by the tides, this exclusive beach getaway is ideal for swimming and snorkelling. Surrounded by premier diving sites, the lodge is the gateway to an underwater wonderland for divers, with a rich variety of tropical fish species complemented by Africas only population of the rare dugong. The deep Mozambique Channel, which runs alongside the island, is renowned for its game fish and Benguerra Island offers some of the worlds best catch and release deep sea fishing and fly fishing opportunities.
While the island is fringed with golden, sandy beaches, its interior is a lush patchwork of forests, wetlands and fresh water lakes. Horse riding trips and island expeditions explore both the coastline and the interior of the island, uncovering traditional culture at the local village and climbing soaring sand dunes.
* Children 0 to 2 years sharing with parents stay free of charge. Cots are subject to availability.
* Children 3 to 5 years sharing with parents stay free of charge. Triple rooms are subject to availability.
* Children 6 to 16 years sharing with parents receive 50 percent off the adult rate. Triple rooms are subject to availability.
* Children 6 to 16 years in own room, first child pays full adult rate, second and third child receive 50 percent off the adult rate. Max 3 children oer soom subject to triple room availability.
USD 968 per person per night sharing
Valid 01 Mar 2017 to 31 Dec 2017
* Three meals daily
* Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
* Teas and coffees
* Emergency medical evacuation insurance
* Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip
* Activities included one per day: sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise and scheduled snorkelling trip.
* Activities included one per stay: castaway picnic, island expedition and local village tour.
* All Extras
* Telephone calls
* Safari shop purchases
* All items of a personal nature
* Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars
* Park fees
* Landing fees and airport taxes
Term & Conditions:
* Rates valid for South African residents only.
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates based on United Stated Dollar UDS
* Benguerra Island will be closed 01 Jan 2015 to 31 May 2015 for a full refurbishment. The lodge will reopen on 01 Jun 2015.