Sun City, North West
Amenities & Facilities
Cascades Hotel, Sun City, A cool breeze, a sultry summers day, an exotic cocktail at the sand bar and a hint of Turkish music, set the scene for a perfect holiday retreat.
Striking, beautifully coloured birds and fish are at home in the Cascades gardens and lakes which cover the gently sloping hillside.
They are laced with footpaths which wind between tens of thousands of exotic and indigenous trees and flowering plants. Lush gardens, tropical birds and water features give The Cascades its unique and relaxing atmosphere. A sophisticated, elegant hotel.
The Mediterranean is the deep, blue heart that gives life to the countries that surround it. With this in mind, Sun City has transformed the Cascades Pool and Santorini Restaurant into an area reminiscent of the azure blue of the tranquil Mediterranean.
The original garden area has been transformed into a lake with cascading waterfalls. The pool deck has been extended by about 7 metres and the lawn areas have been converted into a sandy beach complete with a secluded bathing area and sand bar evocative of Tom Cruises Cocktail movie. Guests can enjoy the ambience complete with bikinis and flamboyant barmen. There is a heated pool, a Jacuzzi pool and childrens pool.
The Mediterranean restaurant Santorini, is surrounded by glass windows providing an all season enclave, harbouring guests during winter. Alfresco dining takes place along the island promenade and delightful gazebos offer shaded areas where guests can relax informally and enjoy a delectable meal.
All 243 elegant air-conditioned rooms and suites enjoy spectacular views over the gardens to the golf course and bushveld hills beyond. Please note that it is not possible to have extra beds in any room type.
Superior Luxury with Balcony Description
The Superior Luxury Balcony Room offers a king size bed and en-suite bathroom with separate shower and double vanity units. The private balcony offers views over Sun City.
Dining and Bars
Superb International cuisine is on the menu at the Peninsula, the luxuriously elegant lakeside restaurant. A resident pianist entertains during dinner. Dinner for groups 1- 70 people, can be accommodated in the Peninsula Restaurant. Should the group be larger than 10 people, a pre-selected set menu is to be chosen. This restaurant offers an exquisite menu selection, whose main focus is on South African Cuisine, with an exciting blend of flavours to stimulate the senses.
Santorini is a Greek Mediterranean restaurant situated by the pool. Serves lunch and dinner. Dress is casual. Santorini, the Restaurant, is synonymous with the island of the same name, a magnificent setting, bright and sunny weather, delicious cuisine, wine, exciting entertainment and a rich history. The restaurant is divided into 3 sections - Terrace and Island areas can seat up to 86 people and the main restaurant 104. Extra features to the restaurant includes a live pizza station with a classical wood burning oven in which all the pizzas will be baked but also in which the Kleftiko will be done in the traditional Greek way.
Santorini Bar is located in the Santorini restaurant, offers cocktails and full bar service.
Vistas Bar is a terrace bar, open seven days a week, with a wonderful view of the gardens and waterscapes offers a tranquil place to unwind after a hot day in the African sun.
The Peninsula Bar, situated adjacent to the Peninsula Restaurant, is an ideal venue to relax and enjoy pre-dinner drinks. The bar is operational on Friday and Saturday evenings from 18h00 until 23h00.
Facilities and Activities
* There are a number of facilities and activities available to all Sun City Resort residents, irrespective of which hotel you are staying at. From 18 holes on one of the two golf courses to a day of fun at the Valley of Waves or a relaxing spa treatment and an evening safari – there is something for everyone.
* The Welcome Centre is located at the entrance to the Entertainment Centre. It offers services ranging from booking and confirming bus tickets, flights, car hire, game drives and all other adventure activities. Computicket is also located here for theatre, cinema and concert tickets.
* The Valley of Waves is the central feature of Sun City. It is one of the most advanced water parks in the world, dominated by the Roaring Lagoon, a wave pool with a palm-fringed beach. All Resort residents enter the park free of charge by presenting their resident cards. Day visitors pay an entrance fee to the park. Read more about the Valley of Waves.
* The Entertainment Centre is the hub of entertainment and gaming at Sun City, the Entertainment Centre has a variety of restaurants and bars, a kids games arcade, cinema and the well known Superbowl which has hosted world famous artists. A number of stores can be found here to suit your every need.
* The slots only Casino is also located at the Entertainment Centre and offers the latest in Smart Card operated machines.
* The Gary Player Country Club and Golf Course overlooks the magnificent Gary Player Golf Course. This world renowned course was designed by Gary Player, and is the home of the Nedbank Golf Challenge, an annual golf tournament held at the resort. This is an 18 hole, par 72 walking course, with a 5km running trail along the course. The Gary Player Country Club incorporates a Pro Shop, a health spa and gymnasium, two squash courts and a spinning studio. Please note that The Gary Player Golf Course is closed on Mondays for routine maintenance.
* The Lost City Golf Country Club and Golf Course with its state-of-the-art clubhouse is a short walk from The Palace of the Lost City. The Lost City Golf Course was also designed by famed South African golfing figure, Gary Player. This spectacular par-72 course is a cart course, features a water hazard of 20 live Nile crocodiles on the 13th hole and offers facilities such as a driving range, and golf Pro Shop. Please note that The Lost City Golf Course is closed on Tuesdays for routine maintenance.
Gary Player Health Spa
This ultra luxurious health spa is located at the Gary Player Country Club and is the perfect setting to relax and enjoy a wide range of hair and beauty treatments, hydro bath, Vichy Shower, spa-pool and steam room. The fully equipped gym also offers personal trainers.
The Royal Salon is located on the second floor of The Palace of the Lost City Hotel. A top team of stylists are on hand as well as beauty therapists for manicures, pedicures and facials. Massages are offered either at The Palace Pool Deck or in the comfort of your room.
Safari and Wildlife
Adjoining the Sun City Resort, is the beautiful Pilanesberg National Park, which will delight game viewers as it is a malaria free zone and home to the Big 5. Game Trackers, specialist Wildlife Safari Tour Operators, are situated at the Welcome Centre and guests of Sun City can also enjoy personalised game viewing at the neighbouring 55 000-hectare Pilanesberg National Park. Elephant encounters can also be booked at the Welcome Centre.
Child Care and Activities
* Baby sitter
* Baby Changing station
* Breakfast lunch dinner
* Animal farm
* Crocodile Farm
* Kids programme
Conferencing and Meetings
* The newly refurbished Media Centre, now known as Letsatsi Centre, is situated on the first level of the hotel. Please note the The Sun City Hotel Food and Beverage department also cater in venues that are not located at the hotel itself.
* Letsatsing Boma - is a smaller boma in the game park, which can accommodate up to 200 people.
* Gary Player Restaurant and Terrace, this venue can be privatized for cocktail and dinner after the golfers have left.
* Tennis Hut, a perfect venue for a cocktail function.
* Sun City Hotel Pool Deck, this venue can accommodate up 500 people for a cocktail function and up to 250 people for buffet function.
* Sun Terrace Restaurant can be privatized for dinner, however the venue is available under the roof for maximum 380 people, and total 600 people for cocktail.
* Sun City Theatre has wooden levels with seating capacity of 250 people for shows and seating capacity of 400 people for conferencing. Conferencing seating will consist of 2 rows of banqueting chairs on each level with tables removed.
* Letsatsi Centre, boasts a fresh, new modern look with all the latest trimmings. Situated on the first level of the Sun City Hotel, the Letsatsi Centre which can seat up to 160 delegates, features venues named after the various animals roaming the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Game Park i.e Nkwe – the Leopard, Tau – the Lion, Tlou – the Elephant, Tshukudu – the Rhino, Nare – the Buffalo, Kubu – the Hippopotamus and Thutlwa – the Giraffe. Each venue can be customised to individual clients set up instructions and requirements
* Child sharing with parents pays the applicable child rate per night
* Where one adult is sharing with a child under 12 years, the full room rate applies
* Children sharing with parents will be accommodated on fold away beds
* Families with more than one child, are required to book a second room
* Foldaway beds are subject to availability
2 Night Stay Special
R 2384 per person sharing for 2 Nights
Valid 01 Jan 2018 to 31 Oct 2018
* 2 Nights Standard Accommodation
* Breakfast daily
* Complimentary entry into the Valley of the Waves
* Complimentary Wi-Fi
* Shuttle services within the resort
* Complimentary Airport shuttle provided for all Sun City in-house guests flying into Pilanesberg Airport with SA Express
Term & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates not applicable over long weekends.
* Rates valid for South African Residents only.