Haina Kalahari Lodge
Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Botswana
Amenities & Facilities
Classically African, relaxed and informal accommodation is offered in both Luxury and Superior tents.
The main lodge consists of a lounge, dining room and bar area housed beneath a pitched thatch and timber structure. The swimming pool, sundeck, well-appointed bar and an expansive boma eating area are among the facilities available to visitors. The sundeck being a popular spot for social activities and for exchanging accounts of the various sightings of birds and animals seen during the day.
The Lodge accommodates up to 20 guests in solar-powered tents, strategically placed to ensure guests privacy at all times. The 6 Luxury Tents, sheltered by the uniquely structured slatted canopy, comprises of a bed with mosquito net, en-suite facilities with indoor and outdoor showers, and gas tea and coffee making facilities. Families take full advantage of our Family Tent, which is made up of two Luxury Tents with inter-leading decks.
Alternatively upgrade to one of the 3 Superior Tents with large decks and full bathrooms. The Superior Tents are built beneath a thatched canopy, which provides shade and keeps the tents cool in the hot Kalahari sun. All units are furnished in subtle earth tones and dark woods in a contemporary African theme.
Game drives are conducted by professional and experienced guides in open-sided 4x4 vehicles. Choices of early morning, afternoon and night drives are on offer, affording you the opportunity to explore this beautiful desert area well-known for sightings of the Kalahari Lion. Occasional sightings of leopard, cheetah and perhaps the rare opportunity of spotting the elusive Brown Hyena that frequents the area are the order of the day. Regular sightings of antelope species such as Oryx, Blue Wildebeest, Eland and not to mention the smaller mammals like the black-backed jackal or ground squirrel to name a few. The area also allows for excellent bird watching, with over 250 bird species positively identified.
Another way to explore the surrounding area is on foot, led by their resident San People who will take you on an authentic, adventurous and informative guided walk. The walk is a journey into the past of these gentle people, where they will impart information of their ancient culture and how they once survived in these harsh and arid conditions. Being great story tellers, you will be taken back in time as they reminisce on how they once lived. They will also share their knowledge of the smaller creatures, as well as the fauna and flora of the Kalahari. The walks are done at a pace you are comfortable with and a truly peaceful way to get closer to the environment.
For the more adventurous, let your senses be pricked by the smells, sounds and sights of the Kalahari as you enjoy a guided quad bike safari. Quad bike safaris are done at a slow pace around the lodge and are only applicable to children 16 years and older at the lodge managers discretion.
After a full day of activities and a delectable dinner, nothing beats taking a drive to our elevated star gazing deck, where on a clear night, the Kalahari sky comes alive, showing off brilliant stars and crystal clear views of the Milky Way.
* Children of all ages are welcome to Haina Kalahari Lodge.
* Children from 6 years and older may participate in game drives, at the lodge managers discretion.
* A private vehicle is required for families with children 6 years and younger at an additional cost and subject to availability.
* Child rates are applicable, Children 0 - 2 years old stay free of charge.
* The adult rate will apply for children from 13 years and older.
6 Night Vintage Botswana Special:
USD 260 per person sharing per night
USD 400 per single guest per night
Valid 01 Feb 2017 to 31 May 2017
* Rates will apply when staying a minimum of 6 nights with 2 nights at each property (excludes Superior Tent at Haina)
* Complimentary return road transfer from Kasane Airport to Wildtrack Safaris Eco Lodge
* Rate includes all meals, soft drinks, local beer and wine, as well as laundry. Scheduled game activities on site at each lodge (as per standard rates inclusions)
* Rate excludes flights and transfers, all taxes
* Rates are subject to change and availability
USD 392 per person sharing per night
USD 392 per single guest per night
USD 195 per child (03 - 12 yrs) sharing per night
Valid 01 Feb 2017 to 30 Jun 2017
USD 477 per person sharing per night
USD 715 per single guest per night
USD 239 per child (03 - 12 yrs) sharing per night
Valid 01 Jul 2017 to 31 Oct 2017
* All meals, local drinks and laundry
* Interactive San Bushman walks, Bird watching, morning and afternoon game drives
* Kalahari Sundowners
* Night drives and star gazing (on request)
* Day trips to the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. Day trips are weather dependant and require a minimum of 4 guests. Includes packed lunch and soft drinks.
* Quad bike safaris to explore the area (children 16 years and older and under parental guidance).
* Private vehicles required for families with children under 6 years old.
* All Extras
Terms and Conditions:
* Rates valid for SADC and International guests
* Rates are subject to change and availability
* Rates are based on United States Dollar USD