AZURA Quilalea Island
Quilalea Private Island, Mozambique
Amenities & Facilities
This hidden gem is waiting to be discovered. It’s one of the ultimate private Mozambique accommodation experiences.
This lodge on Quilalea Private Island is hot property in Northern Mozambique right now. Expect a true desert island feel with eco-chic design - characteristics that the Azura team have become renowned for. Azura Retreats Quilalea Private Island is ideally suited for clients looking for something special – off the beaten track. To crown it all, it is part of the Quirimba's National Park, therefore remains an uninhabited island with idyllic beaches, superb diving and mind-blowing scenery.
Nine villas have been beautifully and stylishly revamped to include all of the mod-cons of a 5-star establishment, in an under-stated style. The villas have been built with local materials – stone sourced on the island, local hardwoods and the characteristic makuti or coconut palm thatch roofs. Open-plan and spacious, the villas and are set only a few steps from the beach. Handcrafted furnishing and over-sized beds, with only the finest Egyptian cotton, provide an unsurpassed level of comfort and luxury. There is a choice of Kaskazi Villas (formerly the Sunrise Villas) or Kusi Villas (formerly the Sunset Villas), and the exclusive Villa Quilalea. You can book the entire lodge on an exclusive-use basis.
One of the more than 30 islands in the Quirimbas Archipelago, Quilalea Island is only 84 acres in size, covered in lush indigenous coastal vegetation and interspersed with magnificent Baobab trees. Explore the four white sandy beaches and paths, the coves and hidden gems that the island has to offer.
As the entire area around the island is protected by a marine sanctuary, the snorkelling off your deck is world class!
Activities at Azura Quilalea are well organized with a great selection of choices to keep you as busy as you want to be. The Padi dive and watersport centre takes care of all water-based activities. it is worth mentioning again that the snorkeling and diving is out of this world!
One of the highlights at this exquisite resort is the house reef just off the main beach; shore entry gets you right to the dive action within a few metres. Don’t forget the nature walks, kayak safaris or sailing on a majestic Mozambique dhow. Lounge around the lodge pool with a chilled drink, and watch magnificent sunsets over the Indian Ocean.
For the ultimate Mozambique honeymoon, look no further than Quilalea. Great package deals and discounts for the bride offer you a truly memorable island honeymoon.
From the moment you arrive until your departure, you will experience understated and superb personalised service. Warm friendly smiles from the local team cater for your every need and you will feel pampered and special. Scented towels and welcome cocktails are offered on arrival to get you into the perfect mood for a relaxing holiday.
Your private butler, assigned to you for the duration of your stay, adds a personal touch to this desert island. Fantastic food and succulent fresh seafood dishes are prepared daily by the talented chef. The unique dining experience at Azura Quilalea promises that every evening, your meal is set up and served in a different location. It could be a beach candlelit dinner under the stars, or under a magnificent ancient Baobab tree. Lobsters, giant crab or the famous Mozambique prawns feature regularly on the menu.
* Children are welcome at Azura, but guest privacy must be respected. Young children should dine in villa. No children sharing in Villa Quilalea.
* Kaskazi and Kusi Villas
- Children 17 years and over = full price
- Children 9-16 years in their own villa pay 90 percent adult rate - min 2
- Children 7-16 years sharing bedroom with 2 adults pay 50 present adult rate
- Children 3-6 years sharing bedroom with 2 adults pay 35 percent adult rate
- Children under 3 pay USD50 per night, max 1 extra child sharing with 2 adults per room in all cases
Rates on Request
* Accommodation in sea facing villas
* All meals including main beach dinners
* Local beers & spirits, selection of house wines
* Soft drinks, tea & coffee, water
* Sunset cocktail of the day
* Mozambican host service
* Wifi in public areas
* Use of snorkelling equipment
* Use of kayaks and paddleboards
* Baobab walking trails
* Various honeymoon special treats
* Various children’s activities (see activity sheet)
* EVAC medical insurance from Pemba
* Premium spirits, cocktails, wines and champagnes
* Guided/specialist activities, fishing, boat hire, motorized snorkelling
* Island hopping, dhow sailing, scuba diving and scuba courses
* Special private dining events, beach picnics
* Spa treatments, laundry, personal gifts and staff gratuities
* Optional USD10 per villa per night Rainbow Fund contribution
* Quirimbas National Park fees approx. USD15 per person per stay
* 17 percent government tax is charged on all extras locally
* Visas if required
* Travel insurance recommended
* Special event supplement charged at time of booking, children at 50 percent - USD175pp on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, USD200pp on New Years Eve.
* All flights, helicopters rides and transfers
Term & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to change and availability
* Rates are based on United States Dollar USD
* Christas and New Year surcharge is applicable