Wolwedans Dunes Lodge
NamibRand Nature Reserve, Namibia
Amenities & Facilities
The Dunes Lodge is perched on top of a dune plateau, overlooking panoramic vistas in all directions and capturing the beauty of the desert in a most memorable way.
The building style is a combination of wooden structures and canvas blinds, opening up to the desert beyond. The lodge reflects the ambience of a tented camp, but provides the comfort and protection of a permanent building. Each of the nine spacious chalets with en-suite bathrooms has a private verandah, which connects you to vast stretches of untouched sand. Sleeping with your canvas blinds open is just like sleeping under the stars.
The main complex consists of two lounges, a number of sundowner decks, a fireplace, a tea deck, a library, the wine cellar and two dining rooms. The lodge also has a swimming pool, which is suspended above the sand. All communal areas of the lodge open out onto decks with superb views. The variety of recreational space makes a visit both exciting and relaxing. To make the most of your visit we recommend you stay for three nights.
Activities on the NamibRand Nature Reserve
Soar the desert skies in a hot air balloon, embark on a fly-in day safari to some of the most remote natural wonders in Namibia or experience the true magnitude of NamibRand on a walking safari. Whether you discover natures miracles on foot, by land rover or from the air you will be astounded by the multi-faceted desert habitat, home to the most intriguing desert-adapted flora and fauna. Scenic drives and/or flights and nature walks with resident field guides reveal the fascinating wonders of the NamibRand Nature Reserve as do picnics in the wild, sundowners on the dunes and dinners by candlelight.
* Children who share a room with parents pay 25 percent of adult rate and will sleep on an extra bed or mattress.
* In consideration of other guests, please note that babies and kids under 6 years old can only stay at Wolwedans if Camp is booked exclusively.
* Children (6 years to 12 years) occupying their own room or tent pay 50 percent as per above rates. The same accounts if 3 kids share a room (with extra bed).
Wolwedans Dunes Lodge
NAD 6 370 per person sharing per night
NAD 8 770 per single guest per night
NAD 1 760 per child 06 to 12 years sharing per night
Valid 01 Feb 2017 to 01 Jan 2018
* All meals
* Activities (nature drive within Namib Rand Reserve)
* All beverages, Standard Bar drinks (beers, ciders, and house wine).
* NamibRand Nature Reserve Park Fee
* Premium drinks such as Whiskies, Brands
* Special or extra activities like hot-air ballooning, scenic flights, bush barbeques, sleep-outs, etc. will be charged extra.
* All Extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates valid for South African Residents only.
* All rates are quoted in Namibia Dollars (NAD) per person per night
* Private activities comes at an extra cost.
* Rates are subject to change and availability.