Tena Tena Camp
South Luangwa, Zambia
The South Luangwa National Park marks the end of the Great Rift Valley, one of the last remaining unspoilt wilderness areas and possibly the finest wildlife sanctuary in Africa.
It is through this 9050sq kilometer National Park that the great meandering Luangwa River runs, with its ox bow lagoons, tributaries, riverine supported woodlands and large plains, all of which play host to huge concentrations of game including elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo and over 450 species of birds.
Situated in the exclusive Nsefu Sector Tena Tena sits nestled under a magnificent and thick grove of mahogany trees. On a double tiered river bank each room enjoys its own private view onto a long stretch of the Luangwa River.
Tena Tena when translated means “temporary home” and this is the feeling that they tried to emulate throughout the camp but with a twist of luxury and comfort.
The six tents are very private with plenty of space between them and each with its own window onto a magnificent stretch of the Luangwa River where the hippos wallow and the lions roam. The en-suite bathrooms are spacious and open to the elements, designed to copy nature with curved walls around the trees and simple subtle colours and a view from every facility. Each tent is specifically located to maximize privacy both in the rooms, bathrooms and on the verandahs with comfortable sitting areas and excellent views onto the river.
The main area moulded around a large termite mound and mahogany tree with an old hippo run adapted into our path between the different levels is shaded by an enormous tent strung up between leadwood poles. With plenty of different seating areas there is space to relax and unwind whilst reflecting on the day's safari, before sitting down to a beautiful dinner on the banks of the Luangwa, under the stars and enjoying the sounds of the African night.
* Game drives
* Village Tours
* Wildlife Education Centre
* Tribal Textiles
* There is a age restriction of minimum 12 yrs (no child rate applicable).
* For 2017 only Special offer: Second child free – for children between 12 and 16 years; youngest child goes free. Park costs and levies still payable.
* Camp closed 01 Feb 2017 to 21 May 2017
USD 626 per person per night sharing
USD 626 per single guest per night
Valid 22 May 2017 to 30 Jun 2017
USD 752 per person per night sharing
USD 752 per single guest per night
Valid 01 Jul 2017 to 31 Oct 2017
* Camp closed 01 Nov 2017 to 31 Dec 2017
* All meals
* All gameviewing activities
* Laundry service
* Transfers to and from Mfuwe Airport
* Meet and greet at Lusaka and Mfuwe Airports
* Entry fees at Vic Falls USD20 per person subject to change
* Airport taxes and flights
* All Extras
Terms & Conditions:
* Tourism levy (government tax) of 1 percent to be added at the time of making reservation on accommodation cost
* National Park Fees (NPF) and Luangwa Conservation & Community Funds (LCCF) not included in the nightly rate - to be added as below
* Rates are subject to change and availability.