Kagga Kamma Lodge
Southern Cederberg Mountains, near Ceres, Western Cape
Amenities & Facilities
Kagga Kamma Private Game Reserve. Escape from the pressures of modern life and retreat to Kagga Kamma, located in the peaceful Southern Cederberg Mountains in the Western Cape. Away from mobile phones, traffic pollution, highways and city lights, you will breathe a sigh and enjoy the silence and starlit skies.
The stunning location of the lodge was once home to the Bushmen, today many of their ancient cave paintings are still clearly visible on the rocks, (some dating back 6,000 years). This spiritual land offers spectacular scenery, majestic mountains, strange rock formations and phenomenal night skies, where the Milky Way, billions of stars, planets, satellites and shooting stars may be seen by the naked eye.
Accommodation at the luxurious game lodge are nestled between unbelievable Table Mountain sandstone formations and resembles bushman “caves” and rondavels, all with en-suite bathrooms. The lodge also offers a unique Outcrop open-air camp where guests can sleep under the stars in sheer luxury.
In the open-air boma restaurant guests can enjoy sumptuous South African cuisine, including venison dishes, and an excellent selection of wines from the nearby Cape winelands.
A visit to Kagga Kamma private game reserve is an ideal african safari add-on to a tour through the South Africa Cape Winelands, South Africa West Coast, Route 62 and Garden Route of the Western Cape, South Africa.
* Five spacious en suite thatched rondavels, suitable for families with children.
* There are also ten unique 'cave suites' built against the sandstone rock formations; these have a private terrace, en suite bathrooms and twin or king size beds.
* Outcrop open-air camp: Situated on a remote rocky outcrop far away from the lodge this ideal shelter is now home to the first “down on the ground” luxury sleep out. No need to try to brave the stones under your sleeping bag and having to go through a whole mission to get to the bush! While you are checked in at Kagga Kammas lodge you can simply choose to sleep outside if the weather permits. With the typical crisp clear night skies of Kagga Kamma this promises to feel like drifting off to the Milky way! Guests can choose to either have a picnic basket for dinner or depart to the outcrop after dinner at the lodge. Your roaring fire and cold drinks of your choice will be waiting.
* The lodge has a restaurant for breakfast and lunch and an outdoor lapa for dinner under the starlit night skies. There is a cosy bar and an outdoor garden perfect for relaxing and sipping a cool drink. Interesting rock formations surrounds the sparkling swimming pool. A well-stocked curio shop is available to purchase that essential souvenir of your stay.
* Our conference facility is fully equipped and has air-conditioning. It can accommodate up to 80 delegates in cinema style, 40 in classroom style and 24 in U-shape. Situated at the Bushmen Lodge, it provides an ideal setting for hard work during the day and lots of outdoor activities to choose from to take a break.
* Our Health and Beauty Spa offers a wide range of treatments including deluxe manicures and pedicures, hot stone therapy and luxury facials.
Deluxe Huts or Caves
Rates on Request
* Luxury Accommodation Delux Huts or Caves
* Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
* 2 Guided excursions
* All Extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to change and availability