Cities and Waterways of Europe 8 nights on the Balmoral
Cruise from Dover, UK
Amenities & Facilities
Stop overnight in three of Europe’s most picturesque and interesting cities and experience hours of relaxing scenic cruising along winding waterways in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium on this attraction-packed, 8-night cultural cruise aboard Balmoral.
Two days in Hamburg allows plenty of time for exploring the pretty streets of the historic Hanseatic city. Impressive landmarks to tick off your must-see list include the neo-Renaissance style City Hall, St. Michaels Church and the soaring, 482 feet-high steeple of St. Nikolai church, while the unique Miniature Wonderland – home to the worlds biggest model railway – is well worth a visit. In the evening, you could venture into the vibrant Reeperbahn district to try local beers and culinary treats at fine bars and restaurants, or perhaps enjoy an unforgettable boat ride on the Alster Lake. Gliding along the Elbe River past rolling hills, vast plains and beautiful countryside will be a fitting conclusion to your German jaunt.
A cruise along the Nordzeekanaal will then lead you to Amsterdam, where your overnight stay coincides with the annual Kings Day celebrations. Be sure to dress yourself in orange – the Netherlands national colour – and then head into the heart of the city to enjoy the fun and festivities with excited locals. See brightly decorated boats packed into the iconic canals, treat yourself to a traditional tompouce pastry from one of the food stalls, and grab a bargain at the bustling flea market. Alternatively you could escape the hustle and bustle and visit world-famous attractions such as the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum and Anne Frankhuis, which will all still be open on the big day. Finally after winding along the Western Scheldt River, Balmoral will dock in delightful Antwerp – a city famed for its fine architecture, delicious chocolate and sparkling diamonds. You could indulge in some sightseeing and shopping to discover highlights such as medieval Cathedral of Our Lady and pick up a few gems to take home, then take the weight off your feet in a charming cafe with a hot chocolate in hand.
Date Arrive Depart Destination
22 Apr 2017 --- Late Night Dover, UK
24 Apr 2017 Early AM --- Hamburg, Germany
25 Apr 2017 --- Early PM Hamburg, Germany
25 Apr 2017 Early PM Late Night Cruising River Elbe
26 Apr 2017 Early AM Early PM Cruising North Sea Canal (Noordzeekanaal)
26 Apr 2017 Early PM --- Amsterdam, Netherlands
27 Apr 2017 --- Late PM Amsterdam, Netherlands
28 Apr 2017 Early AM Early PM Cruising Western Scheldt River
28 Apr 2017 Early PM --- Antwerp, Belgium
29 Apr 2017 --- Late PM Antwerp, Belgium
30 Apr 2017 Early AM --- Dover, UK
ITINERARY TIMINGS ARRIVE OR DEPART FROM
Early am 05h00 to 10h00
Late am 10h00 to 12h00
Early pm 12h00 to 15h30
Late pm 15h30 to 19h00
Late night 19h00 onwards
Cabin prices per person from:
GBP 799 per person sharing
Ocean View Cabin
GBP 999 per person sharing
Departs 22 April 2017 from Dover, UK
* Comfortable en suite cabin accommodation, including TV, hairdryer, individual air conditioning, and in-cabin safe or use of free safety deposit boxes.
* Fine dining, informal buffets and late-night snacks throughout the day and early evening.
* Complimentary tea and coffee during the day and early evening at selected venues.
* Morning coffee with biscuits, and afternoon sandwiches and cakes.
* In-cabin sandwiches and snacks.
* All evening entertainment, including cabarets and dancing.
* Captains cocktail party and gala buffet.
* On board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and use of gym equipment.
* Daily on board activities and free lectures.
* Vistas special interest programmes, or Music and Laughter headline entertainers on many cruises relevant Shore Tours and some add-ons may be chargeable.
* All port taxes for UK ports, Scottish ports of call and UK airport departure taxes where collectable in advance.
* Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off or pick-up point.
* Travel to and from the port or airports as well as flights.
* All drinks on board.
- Optional All Inclusive Package available on selected cruises only.
* Shore Tours.
* Hairdressing, health, beauty treatments, and selected fitness classes.
* Personal laundry and dry cleaning.
* Passports and visa costs.
* Holiday travel Insurance.
* Government levies or taxes introduced after publication of this brochure.
* Discretionary gratuities to the crew, drivers, guides, etc. on board and ashore.
* All Extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates valid for South African residents only.
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates are based on Great British Pound GBP.
* Everything on board is priced in Sterling.