Deception Valley Lodge
Amenities & Facilities
Deception Valley Lodge is a pristine oasis deep in the Kalahari Desert of Botswana and not far from the famous Okavango Delta. Experience the vastness of the Kalahari whilst enjoying abundant bird life, game viewing or star gazing by night.
Boasting pure comfort and vibrant, rustic interiors, Deception Valley Lodge accommodates up to sixteen people on a sharing basis. Set amidst the arid and remote Kalahari bush, the lodge and each of its units are raised upon stilts and connected by wooden walkways. Every attention has been given to detail to ensure not only a completely novel guest experience but also an environmentally pleasing haven consistent with its natural surroundings.
The main complex incorporates a dining room, lounge and bar area. Views from the deck include the nearby watering hole, perfect for lazy game viewing. A small library lies in wait for the book lover whilst the curio shop makes for some retail therapy if so desired. By daylight, the swimming pool provides a cool refuge from the warm African sun whilst by nightfall the boma offers a social fireplace to warm oneself over a drink.
Overall this lodge is a nonstop experience upon arrival. It is informative, educative and relaxing. The San Bushmen, the magnificent game viewing and the complete seclusion from the busyness of everyday life give it a refreshing and unique flavour. For the more private we also offer the exclusive Kalahari Manor House. This is within walking distance of the lodge but complete with its own private guide, private chef and accommodating up to a maximum of four people.
- Swimming pool
- Boma area and fireplace where dinner is served
- Dining Room and Bar
- Game viewing deck with a view point over a waterhole
- Comfortable lounge and deck with a view over a waterhole
- Small reference library
- Fully stocked curio shop
16 beds presented as:
8 standard chalets features:
- Luxury twin bedded rooms
- Victorian style bathrooms
- Outside shower
- Shaving plugs
- Ceiling fans and mosquito nets
- A private mini-bar
- Bush walks with the San Bushmen to learn about their culture and vital survival skills and hunting techniques.
- Morning/Afternoon game drives in the Kalahari.
- Night drives are offered after dinner each night giving guests the opportunity to observe nocturnal animals.
- Game drives into the Central Kalahari Game Reserve (exclusive of price).
- Early morning bird watching and guided walks.
* Children 8 years and older are welcome at Deception Valley Lodge.
* Children are to be under the care of a parent or guardian at all times and share with an adult at all times.
* A surcharge of USD 226 nett is applicable for a private vehicle per day max 6 guests - required for children younger than 12 years of age staying at the lodge.
KALAHARI SUMMER SPECIAL:
USD 330 per person sharing per night
USD 330 per single guest per night
* Valid 01 Feb 2017 to 31 Mar 2017
* Rates include accommodation, all meals, tea or coffee and snacks, soft drinks, water, local beer, select wines, select spirits, laundry, activities, government taxes and levies and park fees.
* Rates exclude visa costs, light aircraft transfers, items of a personal nature.
* Rates valid for all guests.
USD 458 per person sharing per night
USD 458 per single guest per night
USD 229 per child 08 - 11 yrs sharing per night
Valid 01 Feb 2017 to 31 Mar 2017
USD 482 per person sharing per night
USD 482 per single guest per night
USD 241 per child 08 - 11 yrs sharing per night
Valid 01 Apr 2017 to 30 Jun 2017
USD 572 per person sharing per night
USD 744 per single guest per night
USD 286 per child 08 - 11 yrs sharing per night
Valid 01 Jul 2017 to 31 Oct 2017
* All meals
* Tea/coffee and snacks
* Game drives and guided walks
* Select house wines, local beers, soft drinks and water
* Government taxes and levies
* Visa costs
* All flights and airport taxes
* Premium brand beverages
* Items of a personal nature
* All extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates valid for South African Residents and International guests.
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates are based on United States Dollar USD.