German Waterways 10 nights on the Braemar
Cruise from Southampton, UK
Amenities & Facilities
The incredible diversity of Germany awaits your discovery on this cultural jaunt aboard Braemar; which includes hours of daytime scenic cruising along stunning, highly-rated waterways and calls into some of the country’s most beautiful, historic and exciting destinations.
Sailing along the size-restricted Flensburg fjord, you’ll enjoy unspoilt views of the picturesque countryside lining both the German and Danish shores of the fjord, and glide past the pretty Oxen Islands. Once ashore in Flensburg, sample the local brew at one of Germany’s best-known breweries, or perhaps journey into the delightful Schleswig-Holstein region and visit historic sites such as Gluecksburg Castle. Docking in Travemünde next, you can take a trip to UNESCO-listed Lübeck and admire the outstanding structures from the city’s Hanseatic past before sailing 53-nautical-miles along the calm, tranquil waters of the Kiel Canal – a feat that only smaller ships such as Braemar can manage.
An extended stay in Hamburg allows you plenty of time to explore the city and discover the many highlights, such as the imposing neo-Renaissance style Rathaus, incredible St. Michael’s Church and bustling HafenCity urban quarter – home to busy bars, trendy restaurants and lively plazas – at your leisure. You could even enjoy a glide across the beautiful Alster Lake in the evening on an unforgettable boat trip. A full day of scenic cruising along the enchanting Elbe and Weser Rivers is then followed by a call into beautiful Bremen. With Balmoral docking in the heart of the city – rather than an hour away in Bremerhaven – you’ll find a multitude of attractions from the moment you step ashore. Visit the UNESCO-listed market square to see the impressive 15th century Town Hall and an abundance of gothic-style structures; then head to the modern Überseestadt district to catch a show at the theatre and grab a bite in one of many stylish cafés and restaurants.
Date Arrive Depart Destination
13 Nov 2017 --- Late PM Southampton, UK
16 Nov 2017 Early AM Early AM Cruising Flensburg Fjord
16 Nov 2017 Early AM Late PM Flensburg, Germany
16 Nov 2017 Late PM Late Night Cruising Flensburg Fjord
17 Nov 2017 Early AM Late PM Travemunde (Travemunde), Germany
17 Nov 2017 Late PM Late Night Cruising Trave River
18 Nov 2017 Early AM Late PM Kiel Canal Transit
18 Nov 2017 Late Night --- Hamburg, Germany
19 Nov 2017 --- --- Hamburg, Germany
20 Nov 2017 --- Early AM Hamburg, Germany
20 Nov 2017 Early AM Early PM Cruising River Elbe
20 Nov 2017 Early PM Late Night Cruising Weser River
20 Nov 2017 Late Night --- Bremen, Germany
21 Nov 2017 --- Late PM Bremen, Germany
21 Nov 2017 Late PM Late Night Cruising Weser River
23 Nov 2017 Early AM --- Southampton, UK
ITINERARY TIMINGS ARRIVE OR DEPART FROM
Early am 05h00 to 10h00
Late am 10h00 to 12h00
Early pm 12h00 to 15h30
Late pm 15h30 to 19h00
Late night 19h00 onwards
Cabin prices per person from:
GBP 999 per person sharing
Ocean View Cabin
GBP 1 149 per person sharing
Departs 13 November 2017 from Southampton, UK
* Comfortable en suite cabin accommodation, including TV, hairdryer, individual air conditioning, and in-cabin safe or use of free safety deposit boxes.
* Fine dining, informal buffets and late-night snacks throughout the day and early evening.
* Complimentary tea and coffee during the day and early evening at selected venues.
* Morning coffee with biscuits, and afternoon sandwiches and cakes.
* In-cabin sandwiches and snacks.
* All evening entertainment, including cabarets and dancing.
* Captains cocktail party and gala buffet.
* On board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and use of gym equipment.
* Daily on board activities and free lectures.
* Vistas special interest programmes, or Music and Laughter headline entertainers on many cruises relevant Shore Tours and some add-ons may be chargeable.
* All port taxes for UK ports, Scottish ports of call and UK airport departure taxes where collectable in advance.
* Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off or pick-up point.
* Travel to and from the port or airports as well as flights.
* All drinks on board.
- Optional All Inclusive Package available on selected cruises only.
* Shore Tours.
* Hairdressing, health, beauty treatments, and selected fitness classes.
* Personal laundry and dry cleaning.
* Passports and visa costs.
* Holiday travel Insurance.
* Government levies or taxes introduced after publication of this brochure.
* Discretionary gratuities to the crew, drivers, guides, etc. on board and ashore.
* All Extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates valid for South African residents only.
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates are based on Great British Pound GBP.
* Everything on board is priced in Sterling.