Mabula Game Lodge
The Waterberg Mountains, outside Bela Bela, Limpopo
Amenities & Facilities
Only two hours North of Johannesburg, this 12000 hectare reserve is home to an abundance of animal and bird life, including the Big-5.
Exclusive accommodation is provided in our 47 rooms including 3 suites that offer guests every comfort in a scenic natural setting. Forty-seven bedrooms boast a look that is clean, simple, elegant and follows an African flavour. Natural, bold colours stand confident and proud, enhancing an ethnic feel throughout the lodge. Furnishings and mirrors are a deep Imbuia wood, complemented by rich textures in the fabrics and blinds, whilst ethnic art dramatically showcases the walls of the bedroom.
* All rooms are equipped with flat screen TV's
* Each room is Air-conditioned
* All rooms have en-suite bathrooms
VIEW FROM ROOM
* Most rooms have a view of the bush
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES
* Check In – 14h00
* Check Out – 11h00
Renowned for its world-class cuisine and variety of unusual dining venues, guests have the choice of dining in the Lodge Restaurant, or for the romantic at heart, a candle-lit boma dinner under an African sky accompanied by the rhythmic beat of traditional African dancers. For special occasions, bush dinners are the ‘order of the day’, combining the enjoyment of superb food with the tranquillity of the bushveld. Mabula also boasts superb Indian Cuisine especially prepared by their authentic Indian Chef. Attention to detail and creative flair is part and parcel of Mabula Game Lodge’s menu, adding richness and value to tantalise and accommodate all tastes.
KO BOJELONG RESTAURANT Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, where a buffet is
The Waterberg mountain range snugly cradles the renowned Mabula Private Game Reserve, which is home to a mosiac of exceptional scenic landscapes as well as an abundance of wildlife species. Game viewing is at its best against a backdrop of rivers, streams and streches of open vistas. Mammal species include big game such as elephant, lion, white and black rhino, hippo, leopard and buffalo. African python and the Nile crocodile are also resident in the reserve which is a birdwatchers' paradise as well.
* 300 bird species
* 60 mammals
* Big Five
* Numerous plants, reptile and insect species
* Day and night open 4 X 4 Safaris
* Guided Bush Walks
* Unique Horse Safaris
* Mabula Eco Adventure Trails - Quad Bike Safaris
* Paint Ball
* Crocodile Feeding Demonstrations
* Snake Demonstrations
* Volley Ball
* Team Building Activities
* Star Gazing
* Guided Bush Walks
* Spa Treatments
* Table Tennis
* Games Room with Wii, Sony Play Station, Board Games etc.
* Hot Air Balloon Safaris – outsourced at an additional charge
* Cheetah Breeding Project
Mabula Game Lodge is child and family friendly with several facilities available to ensure that a stay at the lodge is a memorable one.
* Curio Shop
* Games Room
* Ground Hornbill project
* Health and Beauty Centre
* Indoor and Outdoor Cocktail Bar
* Mvubu (Hippo) Viewing Deck
* Outdoor Bush Function Venues
* Private Air Strip
* Reptile Centre
* Swimming Pools
* Wet Bar
* Whiskey Lounge
odern conference facilities have ensured that Mabula Game Lodge is today one of the hottest spots on the South African Conference and Incentive Circuit. With the "Mvubu Deck" overlooking the hippo pool, Mabula offers a choice of no less than seven venues including the wildest open-air boardroom under the African sky. Mvubu Deck accommodates a maximum of 80 people and is well suited for brainstorming, teambuilding or an annual company function. Offering excellent service and tailor-made activities, conference delegates, incentive and corporate guests are removed from the stress and strains of everyday life.
Cinema 160, Schoolroom 130, U-Shape 70, Height 5m
Cinema 80, Schoolroom 70, U-Shape 45, Height 3.25m
Cinema 50, Schoolroom 35, U-Shape 30, Height 3.9m
* Colour TV
* White Board
* Slide Projectors
* Overhead Projectors
* PA system
* Video Recorder
* Flip Charts
* Fixed Screens
* Portable Screens
* Photostat Machine
* Data Projectors at an additional surcharge
Children under 12 years of age can be accommodated with parents in a family room.
* 0 - 5 years of age: Complimentary when sharing with full paying adults. Permitted on game drives at management discretion, however they are not permitted to view the big cats (i.e. Lion and Leopard)
* 6 - 11 years of age: Pay published child rate when sharing with two full paying adults. Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room or if sharing with one full paying adult. A maximum of two children under 12 years can share with parents in a family room. Permitted on game drive.
* 12 years and older: Considered as adults and accommodated in their own rooms. Pay full adult rates.
* Triple Sharing: Not applicable, family rooms only can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children
Winter Warmer Special:
R 1 300 per person sharing per night
* Valid 01 Jun 2017 to 31 Aug 2017
* Rates include standard accommodation, three meals and two game drives daily
* Rates exclude all extras.
* Rates valid for South African Residents only.
* Rates subject to change without notice.
South African Rate From:
* Minimum 3 night stays applicable over long weekends and Peak Period
R 1 722 per person sharing per night
R 2 582 per single guest per night
R 860 per child 06 - 11 yrs sharing per night
Valid 01 Jun 2017 to 31 Dec 2017
R 2 318 per person sharing per night
R 3 460 per single guest per night
R 1 160 per child 06 - 11 yrs sharing per night
Valid 01 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018
International Rate From:
R 2 138 per person sharing per night
R 3 207 per single guest per night
R 1 069 per child 06 - 11 yrs sharing per night
Valid 01 Jun 2017 to 31 Dec 2017
* 3 Meals daily
* 2 Game activities
* Beverages and entrance fees R155 per person per stay
* All Extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Term & Conditions apply.