Machangulo Beach Lodge
Amenities & Facilities
Close to Maputo, in the channel between the Santa Maria Peninsula and Inhaca Island, Machangulo Beach Lodge is a place of life and vibrancy.
Nestling in lush dune forests and surrounded by the estuary biodiversity and the energy of the tides, this romantic beach lodge in Mozambique is ideal for honeymoons and family holidays, fishing breaks and diving delights. Arriving on a boat from Maputo harbour, guests stay in touch with the sea during their holiday at this Mozambique holiday venue.
Walk through the lovely trees to the reception areas, thatched and cool, hidden from the elements, yet embracing all who come here. Settle into the large welcoming lounge with its attractive bar area and roomy dining room. There is even an African style boma behind the lounge for evenings spent under the stars around a roaring log fire.
Staff are warm and friendly, used to ensuring guests needs are met. Guests will spend their time absorbing the panoramic views and changing tides, walking the beaches, swimming, diving, fishing and boating. Then there is the accommodation. Private places, breath-taking views, en-suite bathrooms and mosquito nets – all 14 chalets also boast personal decks from which to view the estuary or the ocean or both. Complimentary wireless internet is another huge plus!
Machangulo Beach Lodge offers wonderful activities related to the Mozambique beach and sea lifestyle – for children, there is plenty to do in the sand and blue waters too. Deep sea fishing for game fish, shore fishing, diving and snorkelling, whale watching and simply swimming – these fun outdoor activities can all be done from the safety of the lodge’s fleet.
* Boat transfer rates from Maputo to the lodge are USD 150 per person return. Boat transfer time is just over an hour.
* Road transfers from the Maputo International Airport to the Marina (boat departure point) are USD 35pp one-way. About 25 minutes.
* All above rates are for a minimum of two guests, children pay full transfer rates and all rates are subject to change.
* Please ensure to check flight details with the reservations office before confirming any flights, to ensure they correspond with the boat transfer times and tides. A general rule of thumb: Arrival day – use a morning flight into Maputo & Departure day – use an afternoon flight out of Maputo. The boats generally depart the lodge to Maputo mid-morning and return to the lodge just after lunch.
* Children of all ages are welcome. A nanny service, play area and childrens activities are available.
* Children between 2 and 12 pay 25 percent of adult rates – must share with adults.
* Children under 2 stay free.
* Children between 13 and 16 pay 50 percent of adult rates – if sharing with adults.
* Children not sharing with adults pay adults rates.
* Extra beds or cots are provided as required.
* Family Villas are ideal for parents travelling with two or more children, providing 2 rooms under one roof for many options.
Rates on Request
* Accommodation with a welcome drink.
* All meals. This includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and all snacks either at the lodge or during activities.
* Teas, Coffees, drinking water and selected juices, iced teas and iced coffees.
* High-speed WiFi Internet service throughout the lodge.
* Non-motorized activities.
* Laundry Service.
* Mozambique 17 percent Sales Tax
* All Extras
* Motorized and guided activities, nanny service, supervised children activities.
* Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and In-Room Mini bars.
* All Transfers, travel visas.
Term & Conditions:
* A 2 night minimum stay and the recommended stay is 5 to 7 nights.
* South African Resident Rates Only
* Rates are charged in United States Dollar USD
* Rates are subject to change and availability.