Maison Noir Guest House
Hout Bay, Cape Town, Western Cape
Amenities & Facilities
Maison Noir is a serene space, totally private, set amongst magnificent mountain ranges high above Hout Bay. Maison Noir is the luxury to dream. More than a place to stay it is a familiar place where arriving for the first time feels as if you've always belonged. Time slows, the sky expands, and the culture of our creative community welcomes you.
The exclusive use villa is privately owned and opened its doors in early 2015. Designed by architect Paolo Deliperi, the Maison is rooted in the concept of the ‘kraal’, a series of small buildings which inspired this modern interpretation. Interconnected by glass passages and allowing for outside- inside living, the villa is integrated into the surrounding natural landscape. Maison Noir is like an intimate, private village, rich with natural light, koi ponds, pools and open air spaces. With four bedrooms, Maison Noir is tastefully designed for privacy and connection to the outdoors.
All bedrooms come with full en-suite bathrooms, three of them include outdoor showers and offer a loft lounge and a private workspace opening onto a terrace. The large Master Bedroom offers amazing views of the Table Mountain range and comes with an additional living area including an open fireplace as well as a spacious bathroom. At Maison Noir, service starts at the moment of booking and continues throughout the guests stay. A dedicated team including a private chef offers full concierge services and attends to the guests every need.
Both interior and exterior design details draw on the African, French, Indonesian, and global traditions that have defined Cape Town for centuries. Signifying the four elements, sky, water, fire and earth, the result is a destination where guests at once feel private and secluded as if one is at the ends of the earth while only being moments away from Hout Bay, the legendary city of Cape Town and the renowned Cape Wine region.
Maison Noir is set amongst magnificent mountain ranges high above Hout Bay, only half an hour outside of Cape Town and a mere 45 minutes from Cape Town International Airport. Due to its remote yet easy access location, Maison Noir offers a maximum degree of privacy whilst being close to the vibey city of Cape Town and its attractions.
* Four bedrooms with king-size beds and en-suite bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms have lofts with a twin bed each, where extra persons can be accommodated, increasing the maximum sleeping capacity to 12 guests.
* All bathrooms are stocked with a full line of luxurious Africology products. Robes & slippers are provided as well as sumptuous towels.
* TV - One large flat screen TV in the family room with DSTV. A selection of DVDs are available.
* Air Conditioning /heat in all bedrooms.
* 4 large, effective fireplaces in the dining room, lounge, TV room & Master Bedroom.
Features and Amenities
* Laundry services available for nominal fee.
* Heated outdoor pool
* Barbecue area
* Koi Ponds
* Hairdryers provided in each room
* Secure off-street parking on premises
* Children are welcome, baby cot and high chair available
* Smoking is allowed in dedicated outside areas only
* Wine Cellar
* Private Cinema
Children are welcome at the Guest House, however all children must remain under their parent or guardians supervision at all times, especially in view of the various water features, as well as decorative details situated in the Guest House. A baby cot and high chair are available for use by Guests and babysitting services can be arranged on request at an additional cost.
Exclusive use - Max 12 Guests
R 20 500 per night - Minimum 4 night stay required
Valid 01 Feb 2017 to 30 Apr 2017
R 9 200 per night - Minimum 2 night stay required
Valid 01 May 2017 to 30 Sep 2017
R 13 700 per night - Minimum 4 night stay required
Valid 01 Oct 2017 to 14 Dec 2017
R 36 500 per night - Minimum 7 night stay required
Valid 15 Dec 2017 to 15 Jan 2018
* Morning coffee and tea in the villa gallery
* Full breakfast
* Sundowners and Canapes
* Alternating culinary highlights in the afternoon
* Services of a Private Chef
* Full time Estate Manager attending to guests needs
* Daily housekeeping
* Internet - high-speed Wifi throughout the property
* Airport return transfer from Cape Town International Airport
* All Extras
* Lunch, dinner and picnic baskets
* Crayfish/local seafood braai
* Laundry service
* Private Yoga or Pilates classes
* Private driver on request at nominal fee
Term & Conditions:
* South African Resident Rates Only
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Shoulder Season - Minimum 4 night stay required - 01 Oct 2015 to 14 Dec 2015
* Peak Season - Minimum 7 night stay required - 15 Dec 2015 to 15 Jan 2016
* High Season - Minimum 4 night stay required - 16 Jan 2016 to 30 Apr 2016
* Low Season - Minimum 2 night stay required - 01 May 2016 to 30 Sep 2016