Mhondoro Game Lodge
Welgevonden Game Reserve, Limpopo
Amenities & Facilities
Four luxuriously appointed private game lodge chalets are located along the ridge overlooking the waterhole and adjacent plains with the Waterberg mountains in the distance.
A short 3.5 hour drive or 1 hour flight from Lanseria Airport is all that separates the fast-paced metropolis of Johannesburg from the calm green eden that is Welgevonden Private Game Reserve. Cool refreshments await your arrival at the main gate where you will transfer to your open game vehicle and leave the city behind. Welgevonden Private Game Reserve consists of 34 000 hectares of unspoiled African bushveld ranging from rocky outcrops where the leopards watch from their hidden crevices to wide open savannah where the herds of Zebra, Wildebeest and Impala abound. The Reserve is transected by the three main rivers that meander quietly through densely wooded areas on their way to joining the mighty Limpopo River. It is part of the larger United Waterberg Biosphere and is entirely Malaria Free. Founded in 1993, The Reserve is one of the largest private investments in conservation in the world.
* The Deluxe Suite accommodates two. The building has one bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and a private viewing deck. It’s a perfectly secluded hideaway, with all facilities of the Main Lodge within short walking distance.
* The Family Suite accommodates 4 people. It has two bedrooms and because of its shared bathroom, a lounge and a dining area, it’s the perfect accommodation for families. The spacious private viewing deck overlooks the bush. The Family Suite is a separate building, yet with all facilities of the Main Lodge within short walking distance.
* The Executive Suite accommodates four people, and has two bedrooms that both have en-suite bathrooms. You’ll find an extra lounge area with a fireplace and a spacious private viewing deck overlooking the waterhole. It’s an opulent retreat with all facilities of the Main Lodge within short walking distance.
* The Honeymoon Suite is true to its name and offers a perfect romantic getaway. Accommodating a couple in luxury, the intimate building boasts a spacious bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. Its uniqueness is in its private viewing deck with a spa pool and daybed overlooking the reserve. It is located furthest away from the lodge, providing a very secluded and private feel while making it the perfect spot to raise a glass of champagne and enjoy the uninterrupted view of the wilderness and animals or to watch the stars at night…
* The Villa is perfectly suited as an exclusive family or group accommodation where you are looked after from beginning to end. Exclusive use of the Villa means that all meals and selected local drinks, a private pool, a private gym and yoga room, a private game viewer with ranger, a private chef, a private butler and housekeeping staff, are all included.
Spa and Wellness:
Enjoying a Spa during your stay at Mhondoro is certainly a possibility. Our Spa is a sanctuary for body and mind. In a peaceful and harmonious atmosphere, you undergo your treatment. Experience with all your senses the healthy functioning of water, heat, smells and colors. Experience total relaxation and a refreshing effect on body and mind. You will feel rested, healthy and feeling good. The atmosphere in our spa is focused on a positive stimulation of the senses. Be completely pampered by our professional staff and enjoy.
* Children of all ages are welcome and will be charged the relevant child rates. Game drives for children are subject to the approval of the ranger on duty and can only be confirmed after arrival.
* Children 0 – 23 months: Free of charge
* Children 2 – 9 years of age: 50 percent of the applicable adult rate
* Children 10 years and older: Full adult per person sharing rate
R 4 410 per person per night sharing
Valid 01 Apr 2017 to 10 Dec 2017
* All meals
* Teas & coffees
* Soft drinks, local brand beers & spirits and hand select house wines.
* Two safari activities per day, including game drives in open vehicles or walking safaris with Mhondoro guide.
* Return scheduled transfers from Welgevonden Reserve Main Gate or the Welgevonden Airstrip to Mhondoro Game Lodge.
* Free Wi-Fi in the Main Lodge reception area
* Pick-up time is between 12h30 and 13h00 at Welgevonden main gate on day of arrival.
* Departure time to Welgevonden main gate is 11h00 on the day of departure.
* Premium brands and additional reserve wines available from the temperature controlled wine cellar at the Main Lodge.
* Additional transfers outside the normal hours of 12h30 – 13h00 at Welgevonden Main gate or Welgevonden Airstrip to Mhondoro Game Lodge charges at R 350.00 per vehicle.
* Spa treatments at our exclusive dedicated spa villa with a big deck and views over the waterhole.
* Gratuities are not included.
* All extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to change and availability.