Norwegian Christmas 15 nights on the Black Watch
Cruise from Southampton, UK
Amenities & Facilities
Combine the breathtaking natural wonders of Arctic Norway with a sprinkling of festive fun on this wonderful winter adventure aboard Black Watch
Stepping ashore in unique and beautiful ports of call, you will discover a diverse range of experiences – all complimented by a Christmas with all the trimmings on board Black Watch.
Date Arrive Depart Destination
21 Dec 2017 --- Late PM Southampton, UK
23 Dec 2017 Early PM Late Night Stavanger, Norway
26 Dec 2017 Early PM --- Alta, Norway
27 Dec 2017 --- Late Night Alta, Norway
28 Dec 2017 Early AM --- Tromso, Norway
29 Dec 2017 --- Late PM Tromso, Norway
31 Dec 2017 Early AM Late Night Trondheim, Norway
01 Jan 2018 Early PM Late PM Alesund, Norway
02 Jan 2018 Early AM Late Night Bergen, Norway
05 Jan 2018 Early AM --- Southampton, UK
ITINERARY TIMINGS ARRIVE OR DEPART FROM
Early am 05h00 to 10h00
Late am 10h00 to 12h00
Early pm 12h00 to 15h30
Late pm 15h30 to 19h00
Late night 19h00 onwards
Calling into stylish Stavanger just before Christmas, you could pick up last minute gifts for your friends and loved ones on board at Norways fourth largest shopping mall, or at charming stores in the historic Gamle Stavanger district. Then after enjoying a relaxing Christmas at sea, you will spend four unforgettable days in Arctic Norway. An overnight stay in Alta – one of the best places to see the extraordinary Northern Lights – gives you the best chance to see Mother Natures multi-coloured light display in action, while two days in Tromso allows plenty of time to discover the must-visit Arctic Cathedral, or even visit a traditional Sami camp. From both ports you can venture into the Arctic wilderness on exciting dog sledding excursions.
A full-day in Trondheim follows your Arctic adventure, with Black Watch docking in this charming, historic city on New Years Eve. You could spend the day exploring to discover highlights such as the Gothic-style Nidarosdomen Cathedral and Archbishops Palace, sip champagne with the friendly locals at the busy bars in the evening, then step back on board the ship to watch the fantastic fireworks display as the clock strikes midnight. Next you will have the chance to enjoy breathtaking views from the top of Mount Aksla during a short stop in Alesund before continuing on to Bergen, the final port of call. Make the most of your full-day in this beautiful city to explore the world-famous, UNESCO-listed Bryggen Wharf, ride the funicular to the top of Mount Floyen, or perhaps join a tour to the scenic Hardangerfjord.
Cabin prices per person from:
GBP 1 999 per person sharing
Ocean View Cabin
GBP 2 449 per person sharing
Departs 21 December 2017 from Southampton, UK
* Comfortable en suite cabin accommodation, including TV, hairdryer, individual air conditioning, and in-cabin safe or use of free safety deposit boxes.
* Fine dining, informal buffets and late-night snacks throughout the day and early evening.
* Complimentary tea and coffee during the day and early evening at selected venues.
* Morning coffee with biscuits, and afternoon sandwiches and cakes.
* In-cabin sandwiches and snacks.
* All evening entertainment, including cabarets and dancing.
* Captains cocktail party and gala buffet.
* On board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and use of gym equipment.
* Daily on board activities and free lectures.
* Vistas special interest programmes, or Music and Laughter headline entertainers on many cruises relevant Shore Tours and some add-ons may be chargeable.
* All port taxes for UK ports, Scottish ports of call and UK airport departure taxes where collectable in advance.
* Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off or pick-up point.
* Travel to and from the port or airports as well as flights.
* All drinks on board.
- Optional All Inclusive Package available on selected cruises only.
* Shore Tours.
* Hairdressing, health, beauty treatments, and selected fitness classes.
* Personal laundry and dry cleaning.
* Passports and visa costs.
* Holiday travel Insurance.
* Government levies or taxes introduced after publication of this brochure.
* Discretionary gratuities to the crew, drivers, guides, etc. on board and ashore.
* All Extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates valid for South African residents only.
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates are based on Great British Pound GBP.
* Everything on board is priced in Sterling.