Shepherds Tree Game Lodge
Pilanesberg National Park, North West
Amenities & Facilities
The lodge offers commanding views of the distant bushveld amphitheatre and is superbly positioned adjacent to the Wilderness Area.
A new dawn, a new wonder, a new adventure.
Shepherds Tree Game Lodge is a lodge concession awarded by the North West Parks and Tourism Board within the existing Pilanesberg Game Reserve. The entire lodge lies in an exclusive use zone in the south-western
portion of the 57,250ha, Big 5 and malaria free Reserve. Guests will enjoy both private traversing and access to all the Reserves public roads. The lodge offers commanding views of the distant bushveld amphitheatre and is superbly positioned adjacent to the Wilderness Area, thus offering the opportunity of walking trails in this untouched environment.
Shepherds Tree Game Lodge will offer you far more than just memorable vacations. It is destined to become one of the premier lodges in Southern Africa. The lodge provides tremendous wildlife experiences in a vast wilderness, and yet still offers easy access only 18km or 15mins by road to the worlds most unique resort, the internationally acclaimed Sun City.
Shepherd Tree Game Lodge overlooks a scenic amphitheatre in the south-western portion of the 57,250ha, Big 5, and malaria free Pilanesberg Game Reserve. Being positioned in an exclusive use zone, the lodge offers game activities in a private section of the reserve, while also offering access to all the reserves public roads. The great expanse of the untouched Wilderness Area lies a few hundred metres to the north of the lodge, and provides guests with the great opportunity to explore this pristine environment on foot. The featured architecture and interior design are the hallmarks of the whole lodge, and flawless finishes leave no detail overlooked.
The Main Lodge
The magnificent main lodge provides all the necessary facilities and amenities in a stylish atmosphere and picturesque setting. It acts as a central gathering point and social environment for all guests as well as the point from which all the activities depart and return.
The reception is situated adjacent to the curio shop.
A gourmet restaurant serve the most delectable cuisines.
A casual lounge and bar provide magnificent vistas of the impressive landscape.
A spacious entertainment deck with outdoor cocktail bar overlook a spectacular rim-flow swimming pool.
An award-winning health and beauty spa offers heavenly pampering in 2 couples treatment rooms and a single treatment room.
A conference centre is fully equipped to ensure that conferences, functions and events are handled seamlessly and provide for a maximum of 70 delegates.
The design feature accommodates 13 family suites and 4 spacious executive suites situated adjacent a magnificent main lodge.
The family suites offer two en-suite master bedrooms with a shared lounge and patio.
The executive suites offer one en-suite master bedroom with a lounge and patio. In addition, guests can savour an indoor steam shower and double outdoor shower.
The placement and design of each suite ensures privacy and uninterrupted views. Each suite offers the highest quality equipment with plasma screen TV, Satellite Television.
Activities and Experiences
* A host of nature and safari activities are on offer in the full Pilanesberg Game Reserve, as well as in the private exclusive use area.
* Game Drives - The lodge will offer dedicated game rangers with open game viewing vehicles.
* Game Walks - Experienced trails rangers will lead you on unforgettable walking trails through the wilderness.
* Health and Beauty Spa - You will be ensured of the most indulgent and pampered of experiences.
* Quad Biking available at Shepherds sister lodge - Experience the thrill and adventure of riding along through the bush on these exciting and powerful machines.
* Air Gun Shooting available at Shepherds sister lodge - Test your abilities at target shooting with an air rifle and pellets.
* Archery available at Shepherds sister lodge - Test your hand at this ancient art using our modern re-curve bows.
* Marimba Band
* Tribal Shows - Savour an overwhelming, dynamic and powerful Tswana and Zulu dance experience that will get your heart pounding.
* Interactive Drumming - Participate in creating a rhythmic African drumming vibe.
* Percussion Band - Experience tremendous drumming on a variety of drums and instrument that include djembe drums, conga drums, cowbells and shakers.
* Specialized Talks - The knowledgeable game rangers have each prepared talks and are keen to share their knowledge with you on a variety of topics.
* Superior services, such as: concierge, child care services, kid ranger programmes, room service, business services and transfers to and from Sun City can be arranged
Health and Beauty Spa
The spectacular spa is sure to create magical moments and turn them into special memories. Relax, unwind and take yourself on a pamper escape you will never forget. A truly African experience, the Amani Spa at Shepherds Tree Game Lodge is the ultimate escape for pure self-indulgence.
Conferences and Functions
Shepherds Tree has included a dedicated state-of-the-art conference and functions centre among its facilities. Please enquire into the availability of all necessary equipment before concluding your conference or function planning.
The facility provides for several layouts and the classroom-type layout makes provision for at most 70 delegates.
If the idea of another routine game lodge experience raises little more than a sigh, then this is just the answer for you.
Tailor-made Conservation Conferences and Incentives
During conferences and incentives at the lodge Shepherd's is frequently approached by groups enquiring about participation in conservation exercises.
This idea prompted Shepherds to integrate conservation with the guest experience. In short they are now able to involve guests in the process of routine data gathering to determine condition and genetic mapping amongst other things.
Conference requirements frequently conflict with the routine private game lodge programme. It has therefore become necessary for Shepherds to tailor make each experience to suit the requirements of a particular conference or incentive. This often results in game drives being amended or cancelled to permit adequate session time.
For this reason Shepherds would welcome the opportunity of presenting a tailor-made itinerary where the client is not required to pay for activities not participated in.
SA Resident Special:
R 2 419 per person sharing per night
Valid 01 Feb 2017 to 31 Mar 2017
* Rate includes all meals and 2 game drives daily
* Rate excludes conservation levy of R100 per person per stay and all extras
* Minimum 3 Night Stay
* Rates valid for South African Residents only.
* Rates subject to change without notice.
R 3 803 per person sharing per night
R 5 710 per single guest per night
Valid 01 Feb 2017 to 30 Apr 2017
R 3 285 per person sharing per night
R 4 934 per single guest per night
Valid 01 May 2017 to 30 Sep 2017
R 3 803 per person sharing per night
R 5 710 per single guest per night
Valid 01 Oct 2017 to 30 Nov 2017
* All meals
* Teas and snacks
* Two daily safari activities
* All Extras
* Conservation levy
* All drinks and items of a personal nature
Term & Conditions:
* Rates valid for Southern Africa and International guests
* Rates are subject to change and availability