Sun City, North West
Amenities & Facilities
The Soho Hotel is the hedonistic heart of the Sun City Resort. The ambiance of the Hotel is one of glamour and sophistication.
From the moment you enter the foyer your senses are assaulted by the bold design aspects and dramatic setting. The central area has been transformed into a jungle of lush foliage, cascading water and life-like boulders, encircling fast moving slot machines. The hotels view comprises a magnificent landscape of subtropical gardens and a sparkling swimming pool. It has a total of 340 rooms, which either face the Gary Player Golf Course or pool area, with gardens stretching down to Sun Citys exciting Waterworld.
This hotel which overlooks the internationally acclaimed Gary Player Golf Course is abundant in restaurants to fit any desire. If your taste tends towards the more piquant, then the Orchid Restaurant will sate even the most jaded taste buds. Traditional Asian cuisine ranging from Jasmine smoked duck served in pancakes with a sweet bean sauce to Malaysian spiced Chicken breasts. The Thai, Ka Ti ice cream is a taste sensation as is the layered Panda Lapis Cake. For traditional South African cuisine, the Calabash Restaurant will welcome you in true African style. The groaning buffet offers boboetjie, curries, carvery and steamed vegetables, followed by sinful trifles and tipsy tarts. The Calabash is where sensational tastes from the North and South meet.
The luxury of its 340 air-conditioned rooms and suites is matched by a great variety of wining and dining experiences.
The Luxury Family Room offers 2 twin beds alongside each other or King size bed as well as an en-suite bathroom and a fold out sleeper couch.
Dining & Bars
Setta Bello is a Restaurant that has created an array of beautifully prepared dishes to tantalize your taste buds. Booking is essential
The Orchid features a menu, offering a range of authentically prepared dishes, flavours and textures from many Asian countries. Dress is casual and booking essential.
The Calabash offers traditional South African fare, featuring freshly-prepared salads, a South African cold table, succulent roasts and casseroles, not forgetting the sweet sensations. Seven days a week. Dress is casual and booking essential.
Sun Terrace, the ideal breakfast and lunch venue, in tranquil surroundings. Extensive lunch buffet featuring specialty counters from around the globe. Dress is casual.
Sun Cafe, intimate, warm and stylish Café, serving wholesome breakfast.
The Raj Restaurant is a Halaal restaurant offering an experience of all flavours, spices and aromas of the finest traditional Indian Cuisine. Open daily for lunch from 11h00 to 15h00 and dinner from 18h00 to 22h00. Harlequins Cocktail Bar. Located in the Casino. This exciting bar features a great selection of traditional cocktails and shooters, and is ideal for pre-dinner drinks. Open daily. Dress is Smart casual.
Kingfisher Bar located adjacent to the Slots Floor open 24 hours.
Casino Bar is at the very centre of the casino, this bar features a great selection of drinks served with speed and style. Open daily.
Pool Bar is informal, poolside bar, open daily. Swim up and order a drink from the wet bar. The pool grill is open on Saturdays and Sundays and daily during season.
Facilities and Activities
* There are a number of facilities and activities available to all Sun City Resort residents, irrespective of which hotel you are staying at. From 18 holes on one of the two golf courses to a day of fun at the Valley of Waves or a relaxing spa treatment and an evening safari – there is something for everyone.
* The Welcome Centre is located at the entrance to the Entertainment Centre. It offers services ranging from booking and confirming bus tickets, flights, car hire, game drives and all other adventure activities. Computicket is also located here for theatre, cinema and concert tickets.
* The Valley of Waves is the central feature of Sun City. It is one of the most advanced water parks in the world, dominated by the Roaring Lagoon, a wave pool with a palm-fringed beach. All Resort residents enter the park free of charge by presenting their resident cards. Day visitors pay an entrance fee to the park. Read more about the Valley of Waves.
* The Entertainment Centre is the hub of entertainment and gaming at Sun City, the Entertainment Centre has a variety of restaurants and bars, a kids games arcade, cinema and the well known Superbowl which has hosted world famous artists. A number of stores can be found here to suit your every need.
* The slots only Casino is also located at the Entertainment Centre and offers the latest in Smart Card operated machines.
* The Gary Player Country Club and Golf Course overlooks the magnificent Gary Player Golf Course. This world renowned course was designed by Gary Player, and is the home of the Nedbank Golf Challenge, an annual golf tournament held at the resort. This is an 18 hole, par 72 walking course, with a 5km running trail along the course. The Gary Player Country Club incorporates a Pro Shop, a health spa and gymnasium, two squash courts and a spinning studio. Please note that The Gary Player Golf Course is closed on Mondays for routine maintenance.
* The Lost City Golf Country Club and Golf Course with its state-of-the-art clubhouse is a short walk from The Palace of the Lost City. The Lost City Golf Course was also designed by famed South African golfing figure, Gary Player. This spectacular par-72 course is a cart course, features a water hazard of 20 live Nile crocodiles on the 13th hole and offers facilities such as a driving range, and golf Pro Shop. Please note that The Lost City Golf Course is closed on Tuesdays for routine maintenance.
Gary Player Health Spa
This ultra luxurious health spa is located at the Gary Player Country Club and is the perfect setting to relax and enjoy a wide range of hair and beauty treatments, hydro bath, Vichy Shower, spa-pool and steam room. The fully equipped gym also offers personal trainers.
The Royal Salon is located on the second floor of The Palace of the Lost City Hotel. A top team of stylists are on hand as well as beauty therapists for manicures, pedicures and facials. Massages are offered either at The Palace Pool Deck or in the comfort of your room.
Safari and Wildlife
Adjoining the Sun City Resort, is the beautiful Pilanesberg National Park, which will delight game viewers as it is a malaria free zone and home to the Big 5. Game Trackers, specialist Wildlife Safari Tour Operators, are situated at the Welcome Centre and guests of Sun City can also enjoy personalised game viewing at the neighbouring 55 000-hectare Pilanesberg National Park. Elephant encounters can also be booked at the Welcome Centre.
Sun City Hotel Casino
Throughout the world, gaming has become a fashionable and acceptable form of entertainment. This article serves to guide you through some of the basic rules and etiquette of Sun Citys table gaming facilities.
The Sun City Casino, situated in the Soho Hotel, is open 365 days of the year. The tables open for play at 13h00 midweek and 11h00 weekends until close in the early hours of the following morning.
You may try your luck at, American Roulette, Blackjack, Stud Poker and Punto Banco. The concepts behind these games are very simple and once grasped open up new dimensions of excitement and entertainment.
For the first time visitor the casino floor can look quite bewildering, the continuous hustle and bustle of players making their bets. The shouts of joy and disbelief when the roulette ball lands on the winning number. The steady swish of the blackjack cards coming out of the shoe and the general vibe of excitement and anticipation, presents a vista of organised chaos.
Child Care and Activities
* Baby sitter
* Baby Changing station
* Breakfast lunch dinner
* Animal farm
* Crocodile Farm
* Kids programme
Conferencing and Meetings
* The newly refurbished Media Centre, now known as Letsatsi Centre, is situated on the first level of the hotel. Please note the The Sun City Hotel Food and Beverage department also cater in venues that are not located at the hotel itself.
* Letsatsing Boma - is a smaller boma in the game park, which can accommodate up to 200 people.
* Gary Player Restaurant and Terrace, this venue can be privatized for cocktail and dinner after the golfers have left.
* Tennis Hut, a perfect venue for a cocktail function.
* Sun City Hotel Pool Deck, this venue can accommodate up 500 people for a cocktail function and up to 250 people for buffet function.
* Sun Terrace Restaurant can be privatized for dinner, however the venue is available under the roof for maximum 380 people, and total 600 people for cocktail.
* Sun City Theatre has wooden levels with seating capacity of 250 people for shows and seating capacity of 400 people for conferencing. Conferencing seating will consist of 2 rows of banqueting chairs on each level with tables removed.
* Letsatsi Centre, boasts a fresh, new modern look with all the latest trimmings. Situated on the first level of the Sun City Hotel, the Letsatsi Centre which can seat up to 160 delegates, features venues named after the various animals roaming the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Game Park i.e Nkwe – the Leopard, Tau – the Lion, Tlou – the Elephant, Tshukudu – the Rhino, Nare – the Buffalo, Kubu – the Hippopotamus and Thutlwa – the Giraffe. Each venue can be customised to individual clients set up instructions and requirements
* Child sharing with parents pays the applicable child rate per night
* Where one adult is sharing with a child under 12 years, the full room rate applies
* Children sharing with parents will be accommodated on fold away beds
* Families with more than one child, are required to book a second room
* Foldaway beds are subject to availability
2 Night Stay Special
R 2644 per person sharing for 2 Nights
Valid 04 May 2018 to 31 Oct 2018
R 4827 per person sharing for 2 Nights
Valid 01 Jan 2018 to 30 Apr 2018
* 2 Nights Standard Accommodation
* Breakfast daily
* Complimentary entry into the Valley of the Waves
* Complimentary Wi-Fi
* Shuttle services within the resort
* Complimentary Airport shuttle provided for all Sun City in-house guests flying into Pilanesberg Airport with SA Express
Term & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates not applicable over long weekends.
* Rates valid for South African Residents only.