The Braemar Highland Games 10 nights
on the Braemar
Cruise from Southampton, UK
Amenities & Facilities
Royal palaces; historic castles; and even one of Scotland’s greatest annual events – all this and more awaits you on this rewarding adventure.
Experience an incredible circumnavigation of Great Britain aboard Braemar on a fantastic cruise featuring destinations harbouring intriguing links to the Royal Family.
Docking overnight in Leith allows you time to discover the many Royal attractions of Edinburgh. You could visit the iconic castle in the city’s UNESCO-listed Old Town, then walk the length of the Royal Mile to Holyrood Palace; explore the Royal Botanic Garden; or even step on board the Royal Yacht Britannia. Stirling Castle – the childhood home of Mary Queen of Scots – is well worth taking a trip to see. Calling into Dundee next, experience the thrill of the annual Braemar Highland Games on a simply unforgettable tour. Raise a cheer for those competing in events such as the gruelling caber toss and tug of war; listen as bag-pipers march and play in unison; watch traditional highland dancers; and of course enjoy a plate of haggis and ‘wee dram’ of whisky. You may even spot Her Majesty the Queen and Prince Philip, who often attend this superb Scottish celebration.
From Invergordon go in search of legendary ‘Nessie’ on a tour to Loch Ness; or shroud yourself in the history and beauty of Cawdor Castle and Gardens. The Castle of Mey – the Queen Mother’s former holiday home – can be visited on a short trip to Caithness from Scrabster, where you could also visit Dunnet Head – the most northerly point on the British mainland. Scenic cruising along the picturesque Sound of Mull – where a diverse range of fauna including white-tailed eagles, seals, and even dolphins are often spotted – and past Duart Castle is then followed by a day in Belfast. Be sure to visit the fascinating Titanic Belfast experience; explore the pretty gardens of the historic castle; and see the Grand Opera House. Hillsborough Castle – the Royal Family’s official Northern Ireland home – is just a short distance away from the centre of the city.
Date Arrive Depart Destination
29 Aug 2017 --- Late PM Southampton, UK
31 Aug 2017 Late AM --- Leith for Edinburgh, Scotland
01 Sep 2017 --- Late Night Leith for Edinburgh, Scotland
02 Sep 2017 Early AM Late Night Dundee, Scotland
03 Sep 2017 Early PM Late Night Invergordon, Scotland
04 Sep 2017 Early AM Late PM Scrabster, Scotland
05 Sep 2017 Early AM Early AM Cruising Sound of Mull
05 Sep 2017 Early AM Early AM Cruising past Duart Castle
05 Sep 2017 Late AM Late PM Anchor Port Oban, Argyle and Bute
06 Sep 2017 Early AM Late PM Belfast, UK
08 Sep 2017 Early AM --- Southampton, UK
ITINERARY TIMINGS ARRIVE OR DEPART FROM
Early am 05h00 to 10h00
Late am 10h00 to 12h00
Early pm 12h00 to 15h30
Late pm 15h30 to 19h00
Late night 19h00 onwards
Cabin rates from:
GBP 1 299 per person sharing
Ocean View Cabin
GBP 1 599 per person sharing
Departs 29 August 2017 from Southampton, UK
* Comfortable en suite cabin accommodation, including TV, hairdryer, individual air conditioning, and in-cabin safe or use of free safety deposit boxes.
* Fine dining, informal buffets and late-night snacks throughout the day and early evening.
* Complimentary tea and coffee during the day and early evening at selected venues.
* Morning coffee with biscuits, and afternoon sandwiches and cakes.
* In-cabin sandwiches and snacks.
* All evening entertainment, including cabarets and dancing.
* Captains cocktail party and gala buffet.
* On board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and use of gym equipment.
* Daily on board activities and free lectures.
* Vistas special interest programmes, or Music and Laughter headline entertainers on many cruises relevant Shore Tours and some add-ons may be chargeable.
* All port taxes for UK ports, Scottish ports of call and UK airport departure taxes where collectible in advance.
* Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off or pick-up point.
* Travel to and from the port or airports as well as flights.
* All drinks on board.
- Optional All Inclusive Package available on selected cruises only.
* Shore Tours.
* Hairdressing, health, beauty treatments, and selected fitness classes.
* Personal laundry and dry cleaning.
* Passports and visa costs.
* Holiday travel Insurance.
* Government levies or taxes introduced after publication of this brochure.
* Discretionary gratuities to the crew, drivers, guides, etc. on board and ashore.
* All Extras
Terms & Conditions:
* Rates valid for South African residents only.
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates are based on Great British Pound GBP.
* Everything on board is priced in Sterling.