The Palace of the Lost City
Sun City, North West
Amenities & Facilities
The magnificent Palace of the Lost City at Sun City is a fairytale African palace that towers over the scenic valley. Visible from almost anywhere on the resort, The Palace of the Lost Citys unique towers with elephant tusk embellishments are a symbol of the true luxury and splendour that the hotel offers.
Inspired by a fantasy lost African tribe, the Palace has been lavishly created with rich architecture, mosaics and frescos that add to the mystical ambience and magical aura of this grand hotel, from the opulent hand-painted dome of the reception area to even the smallest detail.
The hotel is surrounded by lush botanical gardens, trickling streams and hidden walking trails that ensure that the Palace does indeed feel like a lost city.
The Grand Pool at the Palace is just outside the main entrance. This intricately decorated pool is the ideal place to relax and take in some African sunshine. You can also enjoy light meals and drinks here.
Excellent hospitality fit for a king and luxurious accommodation await at Sun Citys Palace of the Lost City.
The Palace of the Lost City is the most opulent and extravagent hotel at Sun City and exudes an ancient ambience and a uniquely African flavour. The intricate decor, top-class facilities and superior service make it the Sun City hotel of choice for the discerning traveller.
The Palace has a total of 338 spacious rooms decorated with a distinctly African feel. Each room has an honour bar, safe and a multi-channel TV. Other in-room amenities at the Palace include air-conditioning, ceiling fans and 24-hour in-room dining.
The pinnacle of luxury accommodation at Sun City, The Palace provides truly African opulence in fairytale palatial grandeur.
The aptly named King Suite at Sun Citys palace of the Lost City has 2 bedrooms, both spacious and equipped with king-size beds and sofas. There are 2 bathrooms in the King Suite, both with Jacuzzis and separate showers. The master bathroom has an additional sauna. There is also a separate guest toilet,as well as an open-plan lounge and dining area, library, pantry, bar and kitchenette. The King Suite overlooks the Palace Hotels Grand Pool.
Luxury Twin Rooms. Number of rooms 151
The Luxury Twin Rooms have twin beds that can be combined to make a king-size bed or kept separate. The en suite bathrooms have both a shower and a bath.
Superior Luxury Rooms. Number of rooms 78
The largest of all the suites at Sun Citys Palace of the Lost City, the African Suite has 2 spacious bedrooms, each furnished with a king-size bed and sofa. Both bathrooms have Jacuzzis and separate showers, while the master bathroom has a sauna. The suite also has a separate guest toilet as well as an open-plan lounge and dining area, library, pantry, bar and kitchenette. The African Suite looks out over the Grand Pool.
Superior Luxury Family Rooms. Number of rooms 55
Ideal for small families, these rooms have a king-size bed as well as a convertible sofa to accommodate young children. The en suite bathroom has a separate shower and bath.
Superior Luxury Pool Facing Rooms. Number of rooms 35
The Royal Suite at the Palace of the Lost City has 2 rooms, with king-size beds and a sofa, separated by an entrance hallway. The suite has a spacious lounge and dining area, complete with a baby grand piano, as well as 2 bathrooms with marble finishes, Jacuzzi and separate shower. The master bathroom also has a sauna. In addition, the suite has a small library, pantry and kitchenette, and offers views over the Grand Pool.
Junior Suites. Number of rooms 6
Fitted with a king-size bed, lounge and en suite bathroom, each of the 6 Junior Suites also has a convertible sofa in the lounge that can accommodate 2 children or 1 adult, as well as a guest bathroom.
Superior Suites. Number of rooms 6
The Palace of the Lost Citys Desert Suite has 2 spacious rooms equipped with king-size beds and sofa. The rooms are separated by the entrance hall. in addition, there is an open-plan lounge and dining area, with baby grand piano, as well as a small library, pantry, bar and kitchenette. The Desert Suite overlooks the The Palaces Grand Pool. The suite has 2 bathrooms, each with a Jacuzzi and separate shower, while the master bathroom has its own sauna.
Wheelchair Accessible Rooms. Number of rooms 3
There are 3 rooms at the Palace designed specifically to accommodate guests in wheelchairs. Each of these rooms, located conveniently on the ground floor, has a king-size bed , convertible couch and wider doorways. The en suite bathroom has both a shower and bath with handrails.
* The regal Palace of the Lost City has 2 fine dining venues – The Villa del Palazzo and the Crystal Court. The Pool deck serves light meals, as does the Crocodile Lounge. Drinks and cocktails can be enjoyed at the Tusk Bar and Lounge.
* The Villa del Palazzo is an elegant fine dining establishment overlooking the Palace of the Lost Citys Grand Pool that serves excellent Italian cuisine complemented by a superb wine list. The restaurant is open daily for dinner, although reservations are essential.
* The Crystal Court - enjoy exquisitely prepared international cuisine at The Crystal Court restaurant. The restaurant, with its floor-to-ceilling windows that look out over water features and lush gardens, is open daily for sumptuous breakfasts and lavish afternoon High Tea. Dinner is served on weekends depending on guest numbers.
* Gazebo is for truly memorable dining experience at the Palace of the Lost City, enjoy a romantic meal from one of the finest restaurants at the Palace beneath the outdoor Gazebo. Light music can be provided on request.
* Tusk Bar and Lounge with hand carved teak tusks create 3 large archways that make up the colonial-inspired Tusk Lounge. Open daily between 17h00 and midnight, it is the ideal place to enjoy a pre- or post-dinner drink to the sound of the in-house pianist. Tusk Lounge offers an extensive list of cocktails and premium drinks.
* The Crocodile Lounge is situated at the clubhouse of the Lost City Golf Course, and offering exceptional views over the course, The Crocodile Lounge serves light breakfasts, lunches and snacks. The lounge is open daily during summer between 06h00 and 19h00, and in winter between 07h00 and 19h00.
* The Palace Pool Deck is open daily between 12h30 and 17h30, the Palace Pool Deck is great place to enjoy light meals and snacks while you spend the day beside the pool.
Facilities and Activities
* There are a number of facilities and activities available to all Sun City Resort residents, irrespective of which hotel you are staying at. From 18 holes on one of the two golf courses to a day of fun at the Valley of Waves or a relaxing spa treatment and an evening safari – there is something for everyone.
* The Welcome Centre is located at the entrance to the Entertainment Centre. It offers services ranging from booking and confirming bus tickets, flights, car hire, game drives and all other adventure activities. Computicket is also located here for theatre, cinema and concert tickets.
* The Valley of Waves is the central feature of Sun City. It is one of the most advanced water parks in the world, dominated by the Roaring Lagoon, a wave pool with a palm-fringed beach. All Resort residents enter the park free of charge by presenting their resident cards. Day visitors pay an entrance fee to the park. Read more about the Valley of Waves.
* The Entertainment Centre is the hub of entertainment and gaming at Sun City, the Entertainment Centre has a variety of restaurants and bars, a kids games arcade, cinema and the well known Superbowl which has hosted world famous artists. A number of stores can be found here to suit your every need.
* The slots only Casino is also located at the Entertainment Centre and offers the latest in Smart Card operated machines.
* The Gary Player Country Club and Golf Course overlooks the magnificent Gary Player Golf Course. This world renowned course was designed by Gary Player, and is the home of the Nedbank Golf Challenge, an annual golf tournament held at the resort. This is an 18 hole, par 72 walking course, with a 5km running trail along the course. The Gary Player Country Club incorporates a Pro Shop, a health spa and gymnasium, two squash courts and a spinning studio. Please note that The Gary Player Golf Course is closed on Mondays for routine maintenance.
* The Lost City Golf Country Club and Golf Course with its state-of-the-art clubhouse is a short walk from The Palace of the Lost City. The Lost City Golf Course was also designed by famed South African golfing figure, Gary Player. This spectacular par-72 course is a cart course, features a water hazard of 20 live Nile crocodiles on the 13th hole and offers facilities such as a driving range, and golf Pro Shop. Please note that The Lost City Golf Course is closed on Tuesdays for routine maintenance.
Gary Player Health Spa
This ultra luxurious health spa is located at the Gary Player Country Club and is the perfect setting to relax and enjoy a wide range of hair and beauty treatments, hydro bath, Vichy Shower, spa-pool and steam room. The fully equipped gym also offers personal trainers.
The Royal Salon is located on the second floor of The Palace of the Lost City Hotel. A top team of stylists are on hand as well as beauty therapists for manicures, pedicures and facials. Massages are offered either at The Palace Pool Deck or in the comfort of your room.
Safari and Wildlife
Adjoining the Sun City Resort, is the beautiful Pilanesberg National Park, which will delight game viewers as it is a malaria free zone and home to the Big 5. Game Trackers, specialist Wildlife Safari Tour Operators, are situated at the Welcome Centre and guests of Sun City can also enjoy personalised game viewing at the neighbouring 55 000-hectare Pilanesberg National Park. Elephant encounters can also be booked at the Welcome Centre.
Sun City Hotel Casino
Throughout the world, gaming has become a fashionable and acceptable form of entertainment. This article serves to guide you through some of the basic rules and etiquette of Sun Citys table gaming facilities.
The Sun City Casino, situated in the Sun City Hotel, is open 365 days of the year. The tables open for play at 13h00 midweek and 11h00 weekends until close in the early hours of the following morning.
You may try your luck at, American Roulette, Blackjack, Stud Poker and Punto Banco. The concepts behind these games are very simple and once grasped open up new dimensions of excitement and entertainment.
For the first time visitor the casino floor can look quite bewildering, the continuous hustle and bustle of players making their bets. The shouts of joy and disbelief when the roulette ball lands on the winning number. The steady swish of the blackjack cards coming out of the shoe and the general vibe of excitement and anticipation, presents a vista of organised chaos.
Child Care and Activities
* Baby sitter
* Baby Changing station
* Breakfast lunch dinner
* Animal farm
* Crocodile Farm
* Kids programme
Conferencing and Meetings
* The newly refurbished Media Centre, now known as Letsatsi Centre, is situated on the first level of the hotel. Please note the The Sun City Hotel Food and Beverage department also cater in venues that are not located at the hotel itself.
* Letsatsing Boma - is a smaller boma in the game park, which can accommodate up to 200 people.
* Gary Player Restaurant and Terrace, this venue can be privatized for cocktail and dinner after the golfers have left.
* Tennis Hut, a perfect venue for a cocktail function.
* Sun City Hotel Pool Deck, this venue can accommodate up 500 people for a cocktail function and up to 250 people for buffet function.
* Sun Terrace Restaurant can be privatized for dinner, however the venue is available under the roof for maximum 380 people, and total 600 people for cocktail.
* Sun City Theatre has wooden levels with seating capacity of 250 people for shows and seating capacity of 400 people for conferencing. Conferencing seating will consist of 2 rows of banqueting chairs on each level with tables removed.
* Letsatsi Centre, boasts a fresh, new modern look with all the latest trimmings. Situated on the first level of the Sun City Hotel, the Letsatsi Centre which can seat up to 160 delegates, features venues named after the various animals roaming the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Game Park i.e Nkwe – the Leopard, Tau – the Lion, Tlou – the Elephant, Tshukudu – the Rhino, Nare – the Buffalo, Kubu – the Hippopotamus and Thutlwa – the Giraffe. Each venue can be customised to individual clients set up instructions and requirements
* Child sharing with parents pays the applicable child rate per night
* Where one adult is sharing with a child under 12 years, the full room rate applies
* Children sharing with parents will be accommodated on fold away beds
* Families with more than one child, are required to book a second room
* Foldaway beds are subject to availability
2 Night Stay Special
R 3144 per person sharing for 2 Nights
Valid 01 Mar 2018 to 31 Oct 2018
* 2 Nights Standard Accommodation
* Breakfast daily
* Complimentary entry into the Valley of the Waves
* Complimentary Wi-Fi
* Shuttle services within the resort
* Complimentary Airport shuttle provided for all Sun City in-house guests flying into Pilanesberg Airport with SA Express
Term & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to change and availability.
* Rates not applicable over long weekends.
* Rates valid for South African Residents only.