Tuningi Safari Lodge
Madikwe Game Reserve, North West
Amenities & Facilities
There is a wonderful welcoming place...
Set in the Rolling Hills of the 75 000 ha Madikwe Game Reserve. Tuningi Safari Lodge, situated in the world renowned Big 5, malaria-free, Madikwe Game Reserve, proudly showcases this protected areas African success story in magnificent style! Tuningi offers guests superior accommodation enhanced by an impressive Big 5 safari experience and personalised service in a friendly and relaxed environment. The Lodge welcomes children and in doing so, avails them of the opportunity to experience the wonders of nature, wildlife and our delicate eco-system first-hand.
The Main Camp and Little Tuningi combined accommodate 16 guests in four spacious Luxury and two Family Suites, all of which boast breathtaking views from private wrap-around decks. The ‘Colonial African chic’ main thatched lodge offers a sumptuous lounge, a spacious dining room and a well-stocked bar with an impressive rim flow pool that overlooks a watering hole, all interlinked by a sweeping wooden deck that leads to the boma area.
Tuningi is not only a beautiful and luxurious lodge with remarkable safari experiences, but a welcoming retreat where you are made to
feel comfortable enough to feel like a family member. The team of ultra professional and passionate staff are eager to please and will go to great lengths to ensure you have an outstanding safari experience leaving you with exceptional memories.
* Children between 2 – 12 years will pay the child rate when sharing 1 chalet with 2 full paying guests not the Family Suite.
* Children of all ages are welcome.
* Baby-sitters are available at an extra cost.
* Children 5 years and younger are not allowed on game drives.
* There is a children’s programme available.
* Children in own room or family unit are charged full rate.
* No charge for children under 2 years of age.
Standard Suite Main Camp
Rates on Request
* all meals
* Game drives
* Teas and coffees with meals
* Curio shop purchases
* Telephone calls
* Entrance fee (fly in or drive in)
* Laundry services
* Airstrip to lodge transfers (Tuningi doesn’t charge for these transfers from the Western Airstrip, however, when the weather is bad and they have to land at the Eastern Airstrip there will be a charge of R250 per vehicle, one way).
* All Extras
Term & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to change and availability
* These rates are only valid for SA residents